cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
solstice
Frequent Visitor

Get Items action not returning all fields all the time

Hi,

We are running into a weird issue with the SharePoint "Get Items" action in flow, where it will not consistently return all the fields per each item. It seems that if a field is a lookup field and it doesn't return any lookup in the list, it omits this field in the return all together for the specific item.  I have tried using the setting of "Limit Columns by View: Use all columns (Do not limit)", without any success.

Since the "Get Items" action is based on the SharePoint REST API, I could see this as a potential problem as I have tested it with a "Send HTTP request to SharePoint" API Call and get returned the same issue. 

Example REST API Call: 

_api/web/lists/getbyTitle('ListName')/items?$select=Entry_Item/Title,NormalItem&?expand=Entry_Item

If Entry_Item lookup doesn't return anything, the return of the item from the call would only include the NormalItem field but omit the Entry_Item all together.

Does anyone know besides using potentially a map to tell "Get Items" to return the lookup field, regardless if it would return a null or not?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

S.

1 REPLY 1
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@solstice 

I haven't tested this but have you tried using a Filter query and specifying Null and Not Null for the lookup column?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (3,075)