cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pNabin
Advocate V
Advocate V

Get Sharepoint List item updated value

Created SharePoint item from Flow with required fields only, then manually updated value of newly created item from sharepoint site for other optional fields, and then getting items from flow doesn't gives the manually updated value (it gives empty value for manually updated optional fields).

Is this the issue or I am doing something wrong in the logic?

2018-05.png

SOLUTION (Getting reference from Accepted Answer from @v-yuazh-msft😞

Using the values from "Create Item" gives original values during the time of creation no matter when we use them.

To get the updated values, we need to use some other steps like "Get Item" performed after update. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @  pNabin,

If I have to use the updated value after item is created, you need to use the value from other steps such as "Get Item" which is generated after manual action (using it from "Create Item" gives the orignal value at the time of creation).

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

Can you post a screen shot of your Flow?

Scott
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ pNabin,

Could you please share a full screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Do you update value of newly created item from sharepoint site for other optional fields in the "Response"?

Could you please share a screenshot of the the value of newly created item in the "Get item" action?

Please check if you have successfully updated the value of newly created item from sharepoint site for other optional fields in the "Response"

Please share more details so we could provide a proper workaround for you.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Hi @v-yuazh-msft @ScottShearer,

I am sorry for my dumb mistake. Actually I changed the optional field, after the "Send email with options" step email is created and prior to the action on email. So, the manually updated value is not reflected in email.

If I have to use the updated value after item is created, do I need to use the value from other steps such as "Get Item" which is generated after manual action (using it from "Create Item" gives the orignal value at the time of creation)?

Hi @  pNabin,

If I have to use the updated value after item is created, you need to use the value from other steps such as "Get Item" which is generated after manual action (using it from "Create Item" gives the orignal value at the time of creation).

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Thank you @v-yuazh-msft for the information.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,683)