cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Get Value (s) from text string

We have a text string that i receive inside of Flow as listed below. This string could contain any number of @ mentions. I want to take this string and pull out each GUID, after the @[8,. I would then want to take an action on each of these GUIDs. The GUID's could be anywhere in the string as well. Is this possible? If so, any help would be very appreciated. I was able to get the 1st GUID regardless of where is was located in the text string but when it came to finding all GUID's i got lost. 

@[8,0CF25058-55D2-E811-8145-5065F38B02E1,"Jane Doe"] @[8,033D8C19-0EEB-E711-810E-5065F38B02E1,"John Smith"] What does this look like when the text is added to a note?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @cholst 

Assuming that you just want the GUIDs, once you have the individual split items, you can add an apply to each loop and select the array for value and in the loop, add a compose action and use the expression first(split(items('Apply_to_each'),',')). You should now get the each individual GUID. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @cholst 

You can use the split function to split on the @ and then get each guid. So if the entire string is in a variable called var1, intialize a variable of type array and in the value, use the expression split(variables('var1'),'@') this will give you each individual guid split on the @ as an individual item in the form of an array and you can then perform actions on each individual item. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

I got it split on the @ but still not isolating the GUIDs. My knowledge of manipulating the text is very limited.

Annotation 2020-03-07 130547.png

[
  "",
  "[8,033D8C19-0EEB-E711-810E-5065F38B02E1,\"Jane Doe\"] do you know if ",
  "[8,0CF25058-55D2-E811-8145-5065F38B02E1,\"John Smith\"] will have the answers i want?"
]

Hi @cholst 

Assuming that you just want the GUIDs, once you have the individual split items, you can add an apply to each loop and select the array for value and in the loop, add a compose action and use the expression first(split(items('Apply_to_each'),',')). You should now get the each individual GUID. 

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (91,056)