cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Get all record column data - Common Data Service

How to get all the record column data using CDS?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Get all record column data - Common Data Service

Hi @Raj_Saha,

Do you want to get all the records from an entity?

Could you try to use the action Get list of records which will retrieve a list of records of a particular entity?

I have made a simple flow likes below, please check it for a reference.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

While we are collecting Common Data Service data using flow only we are collecting 512 rows, not more than that and in the collection
we are collecting 2000 is it possible to collect all the data from CDS.flow.JPG

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Common data service I want to use inside in the powerapps .To get see all the data in inside the application 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Raj_Saha,

Please check the following doc on flow limitations:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/limits-and-config

From the doc we know that Apply to each items are limited to 5,000 if you are not using premium plans.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @v-yamao-msft
I'm not in the premium plans, at least it will the 5000 row but if I'm using the above flow if I check the count It will show the 512 rows. With out flow, It will show the count 2000. How can I show the 5000 row count?

Thanks
Raj_Saha

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @v-yamao-msft,
Whatever link shared with me related to data limitation, while We download CDS file that time We can see 5000 rows,
Did you understood my requirement or Do I need to explain again? 
5000.JPG

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Raj_Saha,

Could you try to configure Maximum get count with a maximum value to see if it will work?

I haven’t seen any docs on the limits on the return value of this action.

I will take a further look in it.

Best regards,

Mabel

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

could you please tell how to configure Maximum get count with a maximum value?
but while I'm SQL flow in the PowerApps I do not configure Maximum get count with a maximum value.
But I can see the total count of the row in the PowerApps.

Thanks
Raj_Saha

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I was actually having the same issue, which led me to this thread. I have 5000+ records in the sytem that fit a criteria I'm making, but when I run a flow against this query only 512 records are returned.

image.png

After a lot of playing around, it looks like you have to set the Pagination on, and set the max number of records you want to process here (and it'll round to the nearest multiple of 512....I put in 1000, and it pulled 1024 records). This is in the settings area (gear in the top right) of the Lookup / List step.

image.png

And now I get what I wanted:

image.png

Note that if you set the number too high you get an error message stating that the number has to be greater than 0. It should say that you can't go over the maximum of 100,000 (or 5,000 for non-premium accounts).

Hope this helps.

Aaron Hirshfield 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Raj_Saha,

How is your “SQL flow in the PowerApps” created? Could you share a screenshot?

I mean to set the Maximum Get Count in the Get list of records action to see if it will retrieve all the records.

1.PNG

As @AaronHirshfield suggested, we could enable pagination to handle more records than are returned in a single call from a service. However, it seems that there is no Pagination setting for CDS action Get list of records.

More details about pagination, please check it at here:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/four-connector-action-settings/

Best regards,

Mabel

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I seem to be having issues getting images uploaded to this site right now...

If you click on the elipsis (...) in the upper right, the click on settings, do you see the Pagination there? I do on my end.

Also, not sure if this is related, my options are a bit different than yours for the CDS List Records. I have a 'top count' and 'expand query', not 'skip count' and 'maximum get count'. Are we using the same component? Clicking on the 'Learn More' for my step leads me here:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/commondataservice/#/providers/microsoft.powerapps/apis/s...

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

Refer to my post 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Common-Data-Service-for-Apps/Rows-missing-when-using-List-Record...

Please click Accept as Solution, if this solution solved your issue. If this post was useful, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Thanks & Regards,

Devendra Singh

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (11,288)