cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MFawzy

Get attachment content output files to be saved in document library without file extension

Hello, appreciate any help...

My flow is working fine but the saved file in the document library without extension, i need it to be saved like it is attached "doc or pdf"

my flow created to get the attachment from SharePoint list and the below screenshot for the loop "Apply to each"

social status flow2.png

social status flow.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Okay...you should be able to click in the file name one called DisplayName (which would be the file name). It will be available in the Dynamic Content and you are selecting it from you Get attachments. See below:

image.png

Let me know if you still have trouble with it.

That is what you would select if you want to just keep the File Name that was already used. If you do not and want to change the name to something different let me know and I have one I do that for also. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rebeccas
Super User
Super User

If you know what it will be you can just add a .pdf at the end of the file name. If you do not (it may vary) then above your 'Get attachment content' add in a 'Get attachment' and that will allow you to select the file name from there.

@rebeccas  Thanks for your idea, i'm already using the get attachment, i added full screenshot for the flow

can you please tell me where is the missing point!!

Okay...you should be able to click in the file name one called DisplayName (which would be the file name). It will be available in the Dynamic Content and you are selecting it from you Get attachments. See below:

image.png

Let me know if you still have trouble with it.

That is what you would select if you want to just keep the File Name that was already used. If you do not and want to change the name to something different let me know and I have one I do that for also. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (47,008)