cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Get data from Excel file and pass it to a web element in a web page

Hi Team,

@v-lin-msft @ScottShearer 

I created a workflow to automate the search functionality by taking data from an excel file and pass on to a web page.

Using "apply to each" am able to pass the value but if I have morethan one row in the excel, it starts from the beginning.

Here are the images of workflow:PA1.JPGPA2.JPG

Please provide a solution to this problem and thanks for the support.

Thanks,

Rajesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @VGanji 

As I understand it then, for each row, you want to perform a search (what will you do with the result?)

If that is so, then you need to use the action Set variable instead of Append to string - this will set the content of the variable to the value from the current row.

Hope this helps you on the way, kind regards, John

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Hello @VGanji 

I assume that the Excel contains the data that is to be used for a search. Does it contain only one row per search or does it contain one or more rows where each row is a word to use in the search? Provide us with an Excel example (screenshot).

Anyway, put the action Run a UI flow for web 2 after the loop! You then probably need to do something with the action Append to string 🙂

Kind regards, John

Hi John,

@JohnAageAnderse 

The excel contains morethan one row and each row should use search.

Here is the screenshot.

PA3.JPG

For the first run, it is taking only first row from the excel and it is taking both first and second row values for the next run.

Here is the output.

PA4.JPG

And I tired, creating an action in the UI Flow to append the string, and it is giving the same result.

Thanks for the quick response.

Thank you.

Hello @VGanji 

As I understand it then, for each row, you want to perform a search (what will you do with the result?)

If that is so, then you need to use the action Set variable instead of Append to string - this will set the content of the variable to the value from the current row.

Hope this helps you on the way, kind regards, John

View solution in original post

@JohnAageAnderse 

I want to get the results and export them to an excel file. Is it possible with power automate?

How can we extract the data from a website and export it to an excel file?

Thanks,

Venkat

Hello @VGanji 

Please start a new thread with a new topic about getting a search result from a web page.

Kind regards, John

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (69,184)