cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get email V2 and Reply to Email V3 failing

Hi,

I am attempting to create a scheduled flow which regularly replies to an email sending the same file.  The best would be it responds to to the newest email in the chain, but at this point I will accept even repeatedly responding to the original email.  The "Get email" action is failing and I cannot find out why.  

Could anyone help?

flow1.PNGflow2.PNGflow3.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous,

you are using incorrect Message ID in "Get email (v2)" action.

Try to use "Get emails (V3)" action with search query.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VictorIvanidze  Thanks so much for your help.  I will try that.  Then, for the Reply to Email V3 what do I put for "Message ID"?

One of MessageIDs that returned by Get Emails (v3)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @VictorIvanidze Thanks again for your help.  I am still not quite clear on how Get Email V3 generates Message ID, and not sure how to enter the message ID to get the email I want from Get Emails V3.

I'm very new to Power Automate so apologies for my lack of understanding.

Could you perhaps explain in a little more detail how to use? Or is there some guide I could refer to?

I have already searched a bit myself but not much luck 😞

You have to experiment yourself. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

My flow is fixed now.

I used "Dynamic Content" namely "Message ID" from the Get emails V3.  I set Get Emails to only find 1 result and respond to it.

I am still not sure how to interact with said "Dynamic Content" of "Message ID" so if anyone has any further information in this regard I would appreciate it.  In the future if I have to distinguish between various results or apply different rules I would love to know how.

However, if I have specific questions I will repost.

Thanks to Victor for the tip leading me here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (6,054)