cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Get email address of the case owner in salesforce using flow

I'm trying to create a flow:

When an object is modified in salesforce, send an email to the case owner. Everything is done expect retrieving email address of the case owner. How to get email address of the case owner?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @abhishekmundra,

If you want to catch calculated values from an excel table, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently. The Calculated column of Excel table is not supported in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please vote the following idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Calculated-excel-flieds/idi-p/98657

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abhishekmundra,

What's the mean of the case owner? Is it a column of the Salesforce? You could give more information about your requirements.

Could you find the case owner in the output body of the trigger?

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes. There is an object "Cases" and it has records something like this: Case owner, case number, status, etc.

Capture1.PNG

Now "Case Owner" holds name of the person who is owning the case. When I hover on person's name, it shows the email ID of that person. This is what I want to pick so that I can put this email ID later in "Send email" section

Capture.PNG

Hi @abhishekmundra,

Could you please share the output of the trigger? (including the Case owner, you should shield the key information, just need the format)

Best Regards,

Well, I'm pretty close now. I'm adding a row in excel which is successful. This is how I have created the output to get an email:

Capture.PNG

So, I'm getting output for Case, Incorrect Case Type and Resolution Category. But Email and First Name are not showing and displaying blank output. Here is the excel:

Capture1.PNG

Hi @abhishekmundra,

It may be caused by the type of column, I have tested on my side that to add a row into the table, then send it via email, it works, and the format of First Name and Email columns are general.Annotation 2019-10-10 164831.png

Annotation 2019-10-10 165016.png

Best Regards,

I have checked, the format is set to General for all the columns. But I have figured out one thing - The First Name and Email are generating in excel though a formula (Screenshot Below) and probably causing this. Other columns like Case, Resolution Category are not generating though a formula. What should I do now?

Capture.PNG

Hi @abhishekmundra,

If you want to catch calculated values from an excel table, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently. The Calculated column of Excel table is not supported in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please vote the following idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Calculated-excel-flieds/idi-p/98657

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Ok Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (6,335)