cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Get email from shared mailbox - Invalid Mailbox ID

When a new email arrives in shared mailbox it triggers the flow.

I want to get that email data and do things with it, but the step "Get email (V2)" can't find the Mailbox Item Id.

Need help, any ideas?

this was working previously.

It's strange that I get a green light on "when a new email arrives" so it's definitely authenticating to that shared mailbox and registering a new email arrival, but when I try to get email, it fails regardless of my selection of message ID typeserrrr.PNG

errr.PNG

er.PNG

Thank you in advance

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted

The biggest software company in the world can't figure out how to allow uploading photos. Sorry, can't get your screenshot up. But, I'm not the only one who has done this. There's screenshots in this thread.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-To-Data/Item-Id-doesn-t-belong-to-the-current-mailbox...

Highlighted

Hi @jonathanford,  please accept my apologies - you (and certainly @Mindaugas) were right and and I  was wrong.

My knowledge is outdated and it seems now a shared mailbox has its own account ( at least it exactly has a password!).

admcenter1.png

I wonder why MS representatives are avoiding comments.

Highlighted

You cant use the shared mailbox account direct because it's disabled. If you enable it you need a license.

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @LH

interesting.  I thought that any shared mailbox do not require a license in any case.

Could you please provide more details? What exactly do you mean saying enabled/disabled shared mailbox - what's the difference?

Highlighted

That's right. Shared mailbox dont need a license.
But  when i want to use it as described by @jonathanford i have to enable it. 

(For me it looks like shared mailboxes are only disabled users with mailbox. When i setup a shared mailbox i have a new, disabled user in my local AD))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,114)