cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Get file content/ properties error

Hello All

I am a new user to power automate and learning it through tutorials online

I want to create a workflow from SharePoint where the user creates a file and it goes for audit review to one person and then it is sent to another person for signature. 

I have adopted the following workflow

Capture.JPG

and I tried the second approach too but it also didn't work

Capture1.JPG

if someone ask where did i get compose its basically this

Capture3.JPG

Can someone please help??

Thank You

Regards

Ayesha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Hello @ayesha72 

Your first action Get file properties uses the ID (item id) which is correct.

The second action, which should be a Get file content, uses the Identifier, that you get from the Get file properties.

You don't need two Get file properties 🙂 ... unless you had something else in mind.

Kind regards, John

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Regular Visitor

Can someone please help?

Super User
Super User

Hello @ayesha72 

Your first action Get file properties uses the ID (item id) which is correct.

The second action, which should be a Get file content, uses the Identifier, that you get from the Get file properties.

You don't need two Get file properties 🙂 ... unless you had something else in mind.

Kind regards, John

View solution in original post

Thank You so much @JohnAageAnderse 

It works now.. I tried first but it wasn't working

Can I please ask one more question, How can I save the signed document back in the same SharePoint library?

Hello @ayesha72 

I have no knowledge of the action that you use for signing the document, but I would assume that it would return the document as a PDF or there is an action with which you can get the PDF. You can then store it as a file in a SharePoint library using an action Create file.

Kind regards, John

Thank you so much again @JohnAageAnderse 

what i am using is this 

capture4.JPGSo it sends an email to the signer as well as to me.

So the next step is I create and action -- Create a File -- save it in sharepoint folder (same path) 

and the next action is to send this signed document to the 3rd party because this signed document will trigger the approval process at their end.

This is the point where I am stuck at. How can I send the attachment, because it gives an error, File not found.. the only thing that works is the HTML link.. 

Capture5.JPG

whenever i try to give attachment as an id - it always gives error -- file not found. 

Thank You Again

Hello @ayesha72 

If you already can use the Create file to save the signed document, then you have what you need already.

To add an attachment to an email, you need a filename with extension (you have that) and the file content (you have that also).

In the email, enter the attachment name field with the file name with extension, the same as in Create file action,

enter the attachment content with the file content, the same as in Create file action.

That should do it 🙂 Kind regards, John

Hello @JohnAageAnderse 

I am extremely sorry to bother you with my queries.

I have an issue with file creation

i followed the actions as:

Capture6.JPGran successfully 

Capture7.JPG

but the file created in folder is not right

Capture8.JPGsomething i am doing wrong.. ?

best Regards

Hello @ayesha72 

Yes, the file content you are using after the Create an agreement ... action is not the correct one.

You have to get the signed document back from the same connection/provider that you use for the Create an agreement ... action.

I see that it is Adobe Sign connection/provider you are using and they have an action "Get a PDF of a signed document".

Please investigate more before asking 🙂

Kind regards, John

Thank You @JohnAageAnderse 

Sorry my Bad, I am learning this whole thing online and have to create a flow asap for my company.

Thank You again for the help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (15,500)