cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Britt1
Frequent Visitor

Get items Person Picker Data from one SharePoint List to Another

Hi everyone 

I'm trying to "Get Items" from list A to list B. Both list A and B include a people picker column titled "Presenter". Without any dynamic content entered into the "Presenter" field of the "Create Item" action, my flow copies the required list items over perfectly. However, when I go to enter dynamic content such as "PresenterClaims" into the "Presenter" field, my flow doesn't work and I get the below error:

Britt1_0-1651638056718.png

TriggerTriggerCreate Item without dynamic entered into "Presenter" field.Create Item without dynamic entered into "Presenter" field.Create Item with dynamic content entered into "Presenter" field.Create Item with dynamic content entered into "Presenter" field.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! @Rhiassuring 

7 REPLIES 7
vivekpande18
Super User
Super User

Hi @Britt1 , 

You don't require Apply to each 2. Directly use create item inside Apply to each. 

Suppose your json is like below which you got from Get Items

[{Data1}, {Data2}, {Data3}]

In Apply to each you are providing above json data as input and in Apply to each 2 

you are providing {Data1} as input. Since Data1 is object and not array. 

This is the reason why you are facing this issue. 

Don't forget to mark this as answer if this solves your problem. This can help others as well. 

Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi there, 

It looks like Presenter is a multi-select Person field. Is that accurate? 

If this is the case, you will need to ensure - since you are passing from one Multi-Select person column to another - that you use the actual proper title, without any thing after it (like Presenter Email, Presenter Claims, etc -- just "Presenter"). Like so (my column name is ManyPeoples):

Rhiassuring_0-1651769277509.png

If I added "ManyPeoples EMail" it would turn into an apply to each, because it means it's trying to access the Array it holds. These magical columns actually  hold a lot of detail behind the scenes.

Also, make sure that little icon to the right looks like it does above, and not like this:  

Rhiassuring_1-1651769378602.png

Cheers,

Rhia

Did this answer your question? Please mark it as the solution.
Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a thumbs up.

I answer questions on the forum for 2-3 hours every Thursday!

Hi @vivekpande18 

The Apply to Each 2 occurs automatically when I insert any dynamic content into the corresponding fields. 

Thanks

Britt

Hi @Rhiassuring 

Thank you so much for your reply. I tried this as my first option without any luck. The data doesn't come across and the field remains blank. After much too-ing and fro-ing, I implemented the below and it worked!

1. Manually trigger a flow
  2. Initialise array variable (array)
  3. Get items (from list A)
  4. See image 1 attached
  5. See image 2 attached

Thanks

BrittImage 1Image 1Image 2Image 2

Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Ah hey! Whatever works! I'm glad you got it going.

Did this answer your question? Please mark it as the solution.
Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a thumbs up.

I answer questions on the forum for 2-3 hours every Thursday!

vivekpande18
Super User
Super User

Happy to hear that it works!!!

But what is the use of actions in image 1. If you want to just fetch the Presenter Email then you don't require all the actions  mention in image 1, you can simply use Select action to fetch that and that set. 

Also its not advisable to use Apply to each for large number of items. It reduces the efficiency of your flow. 

Britt1
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the tip @vivekpande18  - I'm still learning about all the functions of Power Automate and after watching a few YouTube videos and trying a few different combos, this is what worked. In regards to the Apply Each function, everyone of them bar the first one come up on their own. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (4,157)