Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ahmad_Hlawa
Level: Powered On

Get items order by sharepoint Tasklist view

hi,

I've created a flow where its logic is based on running on a sharepoint task list in the same order as the tasks appear in the share point itself.

the flow works fine when i add all tasks together, but the issue started when i tried adding a task in between, then i found the flow keep the recently task added to the end of the flow.

i believe that can be sorted by "order By" in Get items, but i don't know how can i sort the tasks as they appear in the sharepoint task list view?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Get items order by sharepoint Tasklist view

@Ahmad_Hlawa 

You can see how a list is sorted in a SharePoint view by editing the view - scroll down and it will show how the view is sorting and filtering the items.  If nothing is specified, the view sorted by the ID in descending order - newest item first.

To sort on ID by descending order:

IDASC.png

That said, you Flow logic seems a bit fragile - can you explain what you are trying to do?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Ahmad_Hlawa
Level: Powered On

Re: Get items order by sharepoint Tasklist view

thanks @ScottShearer , let me try to clarify more.

I checked the view of the task list settings, and looks its by ID (i.e. nothing selected), hence, the flow extracts the list in order of the ID, but actually, the items don't appear sorted by ID on the sharepoint (screen shot).

the flow is too big and do lots of actions, I need it to run in the same order as it modifies the start and due dates based on a logic doing specific scheduling.

list.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,175)