cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Get last successful flow runtime

I have a flow that normally runs every day and extracts 24hrs of audit log file data. But sometimes problem occurs, this cause missing extracts. I would need the next flow run to pick up from where the previous successful run had stopped.

What I would like is, within the flow, to initiate a variable with the timestamp of the last successful time that same flow ran. Do you know if there is an easy way to do this ? 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BdArbonneau,

The function to get last successful flow runtime and have a next flow run to pick up from the time is not supported in microsoft flow currently.

I afraid that there is no any way to achieve your needs in microsoft flow currently.

If you would like the function to be supported in microsoft flow, you could submit an idea to flow idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

Resolver II
Resolver II

You could have the final action of your flow record utcnow() in someplace, such as in a SharePoint list,  and have this only occur if the previous actions are successful. Then grab this value at the start of the next flow run. If the flow fails the recorded date will not update so a subsequent run would attempt to extract the same data as the previous run.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (4,391)