cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cim
Frequent Visitor

Get row from excel can't read formula data

Hi there

I'm trying to analyze the responses on my form, and then email them back to whoever responded. And for that I use some formulas in Excel, the problem is that when I try to get the columns that have formulas, it goes wrong. In most columns I just add two form values and divide by 2 (an average without the formula), and in these columns I always get a 0, but in other columns with more complex formulas like, "sum", "index", "if" and "match" is returned an error, as in the following screenshot (the red line separates how far the form's responses were, and where the Excel formulas are):

print1.pngprint2.png

This is a screenshot of how it looks in Excel, and this is what the results should look like:

print3.png

Apparently my problem is the same as this user, but I didn't understand how he solved it.

And in case it helps to understand the problem, this is how my flow works, I still added a delay before getting the Excel line, but the error persists.

print4.png

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Michael_Yen
Helper I
Helper I

I experienced similar issue with the " Get A Row" Action steps. The Excel worksheet with formula values were not retrieved. I also added Delay Action step without success

My data source was a MS Forms created in MS Teams and the Forms Excel Worksheet was in MS Teams .

If I connect the MS Form to another Excel Worksheet ( via Adding a Row Action Step followed up Get a Row Action STep) in the MS Teams with similar formula, the flow retrieve the Formula values successfully.

Based on my experience, Flow can retrieve values from another worksheet which stores the MS Forms responses but not the default Form Responses worksheet in MS Teams.

Would be helpful if some experienced user could advise further.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (3,460)