cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Revlock97
Resolver I
Resolver I

Get text value of LookUp Column

I'm having trouble getting the text value of a LookUp column in my Dataverse table. Upon initializing and using the expression below (since it returns the GUID) which I got from here 

https://www.crmug.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=1285&MessageKey=069...

...but it returns with nothing/blank. 

triggerOutputs()?['body/_dev_sapvendorid_value@OData.Community.Display.V1.FormattedValue']

Revlock97_0-1668420674189.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Revlock97,

A lookup is something different than a field of type choice. The details of this lookup will be stored in a different table. Is it a lookup or a choice type of field?

With a lookup you could use a Get row by id and use the related table and the id to lookup related data of that record.

lookup_orchoice.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
grantjenkins
Community Champion
Community Champion

For testing can you just add the trigger body into the variable then run it and have a look at the output to confirm the field name you are using is correct.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If I've answered your question, please mark the post as Solved.

If you like my response, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Revlock97,

A lookup is something different than a field of type choice. The details of this lookup will be stored in a different table. Is it a lookup or a choice type of field?

With a lookup you could use a Get row by id and use the related table and the id to lookup related data of that record.

lookup_orchoice.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,902)