cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
siegard1
Level: Powered On

Get user profile error when launching flow from PowerAPP button

I have a flow that's giving me the following error when launched from powerapps.

"

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Get_user_profile_(V2)' inputs at line '1' and column '2006': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_office365users']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_office365users' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_azureautomation'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

"

If I test the flow in flow everything works,when it's triggered from powerapps though it always failed. The flow is triggered by a powerapp button(The UPN varible is passed to flow), then creates an azure automation job, and gets the job output. IF the job was successful it should then use the UPN to get the user profile to notify the user that a change was made to their account. I've confirmed that the output from the power apps trigger is exactly the same wether I launch from a test environment or from powerapps. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Get user profile error when launching flow from PowerAPP button

Hi @siegard1 ,

This is very common, and this can happen if you add a new connector-related action to the previously created Flow.

You could try to export the Flow as a .zip file and re-import it as a new Flow. This problem will be fixed after the Flow is configured. This is the most common solution to similar problems when not integrating with PowerApps.

In addition, you mentioned that this situation only appears in PowerApps. You could try to create a connection related to Office 365 Users connector in PowerApps. Presumably, you have created a similar connection on MS Flow, but not on PowerApps.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @siegard1 ,

This is very common, and this can happen if you add a new connector-related action to the previously created Flow.

You could try to export the Flow as a .zip file and re-import it as a new Flow. This problem will be fixed after the Flow is configured. This is the most common solution to similar problems when not integrating with PowerApps.

In addition, you mentioned that this situation only appears in PowerApps. You could try to create a connection related to Office 365 Users connector in PowerApps. Presumably, you have created a similar connection on MS Flow, but not on PowerApps.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

siegard1
Level: Powered On

Thanks, exporting the flow and changing the button configuration to use the new flow worked. I did already have the Office 365 users connector configured in powerapps. The application I'm creating is so the helpdesk can look up an O365 user and after verifying the identity simply press a button to reset the users MFA information (for lost/stolen phone scenrios). 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,407)