cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heggholmen
Level: Powered On

GetItems SharePoint calandar list

I have a recurrence trigger in Flow - set for once every day. The first action is to get items from a SharePoint Calendar list. Some of the events in the Calendar list are recurring events.
Then I have a conditon check for each item, checking if "start date" of the event is today. If it's "yes" - a email is generated. 
This works fine for events in the SharePoint Calandar list that are NOT recurring events. For recurring events, the flow only works for the first date of the event. The "GetItems" doesn't seem to have any information about the recurrence dates for the event and so on.

Any suggestion to how I can solve this?

(my goal is to have a Sharepoint Calendar list with recurring activities - and use flow to generate ticket in my ticketsystem when a new task shall be done)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Administrator
Administrator

Re: GetItems SharePoint calandar list

Hello, @Heggholmen!

It appears that the objective you would like to achieve would be solved much easier with the addition of a new feature to Microsoft Flow or its connectors! Vote this idea thread up to potentially have this specific feature added to Flow:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Recurring-events-with-SharePoint-calendar/idi-p/12935...

If this idea receives enough votes and attention then it will be reviewed and considered by the Flow Developer Team!

Thank you for being an active Flow Community Member!

-Gabriel

Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Heggholmen,

I afraid that there is no any to check the "start date" of recurring event in microsoft flow currently.

If you would like to check the "start date" for all start date of recurring event in microsft flow,

I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @Heggholmen!

It appears that the objective you would like to achieve would be solved much easier with the addition of a new feature to Microsoft Flow or its connectors! Vote this idea thread up to potentially have this specific feature added to Flow:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Recurring-events-with-SharePoint-calendar/idi-p/12935...

If this idea receives enough votes and attention then it will be reviewed and considered by the Flow Developer Team!

Thank you for being an active Flow Community Member!

-Gabriel

Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,878)