cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Getting GPS location on Form & Flow

Hi there,

We are combining Forms and Flow to create electronic proof of delivery solution when the product is delivered to customers.

The idea is like this

1. Driver open proof of delivery form (based on Microsoft Form) on mobile device - input all information into the form

2. Microsoft Flow triggered and it saves information from form into SQL database on cloud.

- We need GPS location when the driver click submit form to be stamped into SQL database.

Currently, I can only get current mobile device location using Buttons trigger.  But MS Form cannot be triggered by Flow.  MS Form can only trigger the flow.

So, I cannot mixes these together to get GPS location stamped after Form is submitted.

I tried to integrate with Bing Map service, but seems like the API only return result based on available dynamic variables in the Flow, which does not have location information.

Any other option that can achive this requirement?  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Getting GPS location on Form & Flow

Hi Athikom,

You may consider to integrate a Custom API with flow to get the current location. With custom connectors, you could extend Flow capabilities. Please check this documentation for more details:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/register-custom-api/

As you mentioned, Flow can be triggered by Microsoft Forms. You may add a custom action to get current location after the trigger “MicrosoftForms – When a form is submitted”.

Hope this could be a reference for you. Please try it on your side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Re: Getting GPS location on Form & Flow

Thank you Mabel for the reply.  I do agree that custom API would be able to provide current location data.

But as the Flow's manual button triggering can provide this current location data already, it would be better if it provides an alternate way to get location data from other mechanic.

Highlighted

Try Power Apps Instead

Hi Athikom, 

I know this was from a while ago, but I was having a similar issue.

Instead of using Microsoft Forms or Buttons, make a form in Power Apps and you can collect the location. It'd take more time to develop the app than a form, but you'd get the functionality you're looking for.

Here is a link describing how you would be able to collect that information https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/How-to-continuously-track-location-Or-automa...

Good Luck!

Jared Fiacco

If this post Answers your question, please consider giving Kudos or Accepting it as the Solution to help the other members

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (8,054)