cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting Relationship info from CDS Entity in MS Flow

I have a custom entity with several relationships to other entities, and I'm looking for how to get to those related entities in flow. 

Details: We have a custom entity "Customer". Each Customer instance has a lookup field for our custom Country entity. Finally, We have a "Market Region" entity (North America, Asia Pacific, etc). Every country is associated with a Market Region (Canada -> North America; China -> Asia Pacific). Also, there is a list of approvers based on the market region that a country is in. 

We have a flow that is triggered by the creation of a Customer. In that flow, we want to be able to get the approver emails based on the country that is selected in the lookup field in Customer. So following the picture below, if a user was to create Buttons Inc. and select "USA" in the country lookup, the flow would basically trace up to see that USA is related to market region "North America", and that the approvers for North America are John and Mary. Then, using the flow action "send email", Mary and John would be sent emails to alert them that a customer was created in their region. 

Relationship Visual.PNGThanks, and let me know if you need more details.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Getting Relationship info from CDS Entity in MS Flow

Hi @Anonymous,

You can use Get record and List records actions to get the approver email, maybe you need to combine with condition action or filter array action.

About how to get record from CDS entities, you can refer to this post:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Using-Get-Record-Action-in-Common-Data-Service/m-p/265408

I hope it can help you.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,031)