cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olliewebbuk

Getting a SharePoint Item ID from the URL

Hi all,

I'm looking at a process in Power Automate that grabs a new item from a SharePoint list, created a MS Planner task, and then when that task is completed I want it to grab the details of the original SharePoint Item to create an Item in a new List.

The Task in Planner has the original SharePoint Item that was used for it's creation as an attached URL.

Does that make sense?

I can't figure out how to capture this original SharePoint Item using the direct URL to it - the URL is fine as when I click it my browsers goes straight to it. But I can't seem to get Power Automate to capture it. I've tried using the Get Item function but it just doesn't want to know.

Any ideas folks? I'm super new to Power Automate and this is the first time I've tried to use it.

Perhaps there's another way of keeping a reference to the original SharePoint Item in MS Planner that I'm missing?

1 REPLY 1
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@olliewebbuk 

I would suggest that you append the SharePoint List ID on the Planner Task as below:

Mira_Ghaly_0-1635484762184.png

Then when the task is completed use the Split Expression below to get the id from the Title as below:

Mira_Ghaly_1-1635484975314.png

Expression:

split(triggerOutputs()?['body/title'],'-')[1]

Then use the Get Item and pass the ID from the compose Data Operation to get the item from the Old List.

Mira_Ghaly_2-1635485098756.png

Hope this makes sense to you!

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,221)