cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlieverman
Frequent Visitor

Getting an excel file off an email url link

I get sent an email everyday which contains a link to an excel file saved off somewhere in the cloud.  If I click on the link in the email, I'm able to save the file somewhere. After that, I have a Power BI report that inputs that excel file for a report.

I have not been able to figure out some way to grab the link in the email (actually, I can get the flow to do that part), and download the specified file to a SharePoint library (or anywhere).  Has anyone figured out a way, a trick to do this?

Thanks,

Jean

4 REPLIES 4
mahoneypat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Please see if this solution helps solve it.  If you already have the url from the email, you should be able to use an HTTP action followed by a Create File step to do it.

Solved: HTTP get download file - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Pat

jlieverman
Frequent Visitor

Hey, thanks for the reply.  I tried what you suggested.  It should work....but I get a message about the url I'm getting from the email about not being a proper url.  I know the url is good but it is a combo of http://secure-web.cisco.com, which doesn't conform to the rules apparently.  But thank you again.

StalinPonnusamy
Helper III
Helper III

Can you whitelist MS data centers in Cisco and try the URL?

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think I can do this in my client's site.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (54,174)