cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
peteaxtell Helper I
Helper I

Getting appointment attendees (activity party) from Dynamics 365

I cannot find a way to get appointment attendees in Flow or PowerApps using either the Dynamics 365 or Common Data Service connectors. The Activity Party entity is not available and the Appointment entity does not include the required attendees field.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Getting appointment attendees (activity party) from Dynamics 365

Hi @peteaxtell 

If you first get the Appointments using the Common Data Service connector you can loop through these and obtain all the Activity Party records for each Appointment by using a custom value in the entity drop down.

In the Entity Name field select "Enter custom value" and type in "activityparties". Then in the Filter Query field type "_activityid_value eq " and then select the Appointment Id from your Dynamic content panel. You can then loop these records in a later Flow action.

2019-06-25_15-26-55.gif

By using the Enter custom value option, you are able to query for any entity that you would have access to via the Dynamics 365 Web API.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Follow me on Twitter at @QG_LeeJHarris

Or on LinkedIn at in/leejharris

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Super User
Super User

Hi @peteaxtell 

If you first get the Appointments using the Common Data Service connector you can loop through these and obtain all the Activity Party records for each Appointment by using a custom value in the entity drop down.

In the Entity Name field select "Enter custom value" and type in "activityparties". Then in the Filter Query field type "_activityid_value eq " and then select the Appointment Id from your Dynamic content panel. You can then loop these records in a later Flow action.

2019-06-25_15-26-55.gif

By using the Enter custom value option, you are able to query for any entity that you would have access to via the Dynamics 365 Web API.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

peteaxtell Helper I
Helper I

Thanks very much

Heaven4ever2

Hello @LeeHarris 

I'm in a similar situation although with just one record needing Activity Parties added.  I'm trying to create a phone call.  I have been able to add the information calling the activityparties as entity, but when I run the flow, it fails with an error 400 no matter if I use the create, update, or using your list method.,  Any suggestions?: 

{
"status": 400,
"message": "--batchresponse_7f7318e1-de1c-45ab-af4b-6e732063e6d9\r\nContent-Type: application/http\r\nContent-Transfer-Encoding: binary\r\n\r\nHTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request\r\nREQ_ID: 19b1c7dc-8906-4a8a-92cf-a12c5e5ce021\r\nContent-Type: application/json; odata.metadata=minimal\r\nOData-Version: 4.0\r\n\r\n{\"error\":{\"code\":\"0x80040800\",\"message\":\"The 'Update' method does not support entities of type 'activityparty'.\",\"innererror\":{\"message\":\"The 'Update' method does not support entities of type 'activityparty'.\",\"type\":\"System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]\",\"stacktrace\":\" at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.Execute(OrganizationRequest request, InvocationContext invocationContext, CallerOriginToken callerOriginToken, WebServiceType serviceType, Boolean checkAdminMode, ExecutionContext executionContext, Dictionary`2 optionalParameters)\\r\\n at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OData.CrmODataExecutionContext.Upsert(Entity entity)\\r\\n at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OData.CrmODataExecutionContext.Update(Entity entity, UpdateOption updateOption)\\r\\n at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OData.CrmODataServiceDataProvider.UpdateEdmEntity(CrmODataExecutionContext context, String edmEntityName, String entityKeyValue, EdmEntityObject entityObject)\\r\\n at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OData.EntityController.PatchEntityImplementation(String& entityName, String key, EdmEntityObject entityDelta)\\r\\n at Microsoft.PowerApps.CoreFramework.ActivityLoggerExtensions.Execute[TResult](ILogger logger, EventId eventId, ActivityType activityType, Func`1 func, IEnumerable`1 additionalCustomProperties)\\r\\n at Microsoft.Xrm.Telemetry.XrmTelemetryExtensions.Execute[TResult](ILogger logger, XrmTelemetryActivityType activityType, Func`1 func)\\r\\n at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )\\r\\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.<GetExecutor>b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)\\r\\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\\r\\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\\r\\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\\r\\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\\r\\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()\\r\\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\\r\\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\\r\\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\\r\\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()\\r\\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\\r\\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\\r\\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\\r\\n at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__1.MoveNext()\"}}}\r\n--batchresponse_7f7318e1-de1c-45ab-af4b-6e732063e6d9--",
"source": "cbnsandbox1.crm.dynamics.com",
"errors": [],
"debugInfo": "clientRequestId: 7c7d34d5-38e1-4ea5-b8c7-21d1324481a1"
}

What I'm trying to do is really simple, just create a phone call or letter activity based on values coming from a PowerApp, with lots of information already pre-populated.  I'm just struggling connecting the From/To of the activities, since I intend to use the Regarding for a custom entity.

Thank you for you help!
Super User
Super User

Hi @Heaven4ever2 

As far as I can tell, the activity party entity is only available for Read access using the Web API (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/web-api/activityparty?view=dynamics...).

This may be why it is also not possible to set the from and to fields using the standard Create/Update record actions in the CDS connector, and I would imagine that this limitation also exists in PowerApps.

Unless you can find a really creative way of working around this, I'd suggest posting this in the Ideas board with a link to it here (it gets my vote).

Proud to be a Flownaut!

RobinMulder
Regular Visitor

@LeeHarris Hi Lee, Would you like to share the complete Flow with me as I want to accomplish the exact same  (updating contact relating to an appointment).

Eventough I followed your steps, the flow loops through all the contacts in the CDS instead of the contacts relating to the Appointment.

Thanks a mill for your time and support already.

Robin

Super User
Super User

Hi @RobinMulder 

Unfortunately, I do not have a complete Flow that I can share. If you can post screenshots of your Flow process showing where you are encountering the error I may be able to assist though. It sounds like you either need to add a filter to your List records action when you are retrieving the Contacts, or you are using the wrong dynamic value in your loop.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

RobinMulder
Regular Visitor

@LeeHarris Which mistake did I miss? and how can I achieve what would like to achieve which is update a field on the contact from all the contacts the are related to the closed/completed appointment?

Flow Lee Harris.PNG

Super User
Super User

Hi @RobinMulder 

The Id of the Contact within the Activity Party record is stored in the field "_partyid_value". The Id that you are using in your update Contact step is the Id of the Activity Party record itself. If you are not able to see the Party Id value in the Dynamic Content you can add it to the Id parameter in your action as an Expression.

items('Apply_to_each')?['_partyid_value']

2020-02-12_11-28-33.gifAdd Expression

Hope that helps.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

RobinMulder
Regular Visitor

Hi @LeeHarris ,

Thanks for your help. With some tweeks here and there I made it work.   Couldnt have done it without you.

Super User
Super User

@RobinMulder 

Excellent, glad to hear you got it working 😄

Proud to be a Flownaut!

ManishJain Helper V
Helper V

Activity party can be retrieved in the same call using expand option as well. Need not to make second call just to retrieve that data. link to similar thread : 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Using-Party-List-field-from-Dynamics/m-p/535486#M...

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,904)