cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Getting "Flow Failed" email notifications even though Flow was cancelled, not failed

We keep getting "Flow failed" notifications even though a flow was just terminated with a "cancelled" state.

We want to keep using "cancelled" state because it provides an aditional information in the Flow history table. But we don't like to keep receiving scary false positive alerts that claim that some Flow failed when it didn't:

Flow failed falce positive.pngFalse positive email alerts

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Getting "Flow Failed" email notifications even though Flow was cancelled, not failed

Hi @DenisMolodtsov,

I did a simple test on my side as you said, confirmed that if Run history shows Cancelled, the notification will show "Flow failed".

Flow does not clearly distinguish between the Failed status and the Cancelled status within Terminate action in terms of notification.

You could post this idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered to improve the situation you are encountering for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Dorul
Level 8

Re: Getting "Flow Failed" email notifications even though Flow was cancelled, not failed

It also show Flow failed even that it didnt, when I set to wait 7 days for approval and go on a parallel branch for another approve, after that.

Isnt that weird? A step is skipped, indeed, but it isnt a failure

Capture.JPG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 221 members 5,986 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: