cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenDonahue
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Given contactid, how to add a Customer data type to Customer(Contacts) using CDS Create a new row

In trying to add a record to the Case table associated with D365 CRM using a Forms form, I have successfully grabbed the "Contact" ("Contact" is the "Display name", "contactid" is the "Name") value based on the Responders email address.

Snag_b32db0a.png

Using this GUID, I would like to add this whole record to the Customer field in Case.  

My related research regarding the User table (thank you @GarryPope !) suggests that this, or something, like this, should work:

Snag_aff4f0e.png

Removing the leading slash, produces this error:

Snag_afedc3f.png

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

NOTE:

THre is one irregularity that I assume is Microsoft SOP, but could be mistaken. The table in the Dataverse is called "Case" and there is no table called "Cases." When I look for "Case"  in the "Create a row" block, there is not "Case" but there is "Cases." I am working on the assumption that these are the same. Though nonsensical, this is the only way this makes any sense to me.
Snag_b062ee1.png                  Snag_b064037.png

Seriously, your help is VERY appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GarryPope
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello @BenDonahue,

Hope you're well.

Cases rather than Case is correct. If you look at all the tables in the list, they are always plural rather than singular.

For your Customer (Contacts) field, on the Create a new row action, you want to use contacts not contactid

The column you want to get is contactid. In the Dynamic content pane it will be called Contact. See below.

Customer Contact.png

So in Customer (Contacts) type contacts(ADD_THE_GUID_COLUMN_FOR_THE_CONTACT_HERE)

I tested this and it works. It created a Case and associated the Case with my Contact.

Test case.png

Hope this makes sense?

Garry

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@JonLeitner any thoughts ?

GarryPope
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello @BenDonahue,

Hope you're well.

Cases rather than Case is correct. If you look at all the tables in the list, they are always plural rather than singular.

For your Customer (Contacts) field, on the Create a new row action, you want to use contacts not contactid

The column you want to get is contactid. In the Dynamic content pane it will be called Contact. See below.

Customer Contact.png

So in Customer (Contacts) type contacts(ADD_THE_GUID_COLUMN_FOR_THE_CONTACT_HERE)

I tested this and it works. It created a Case and associated the Case with my Contact.

Test case.png

Hope this makes sense?

Garry

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Users online (3,207)