cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calvares
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Grant access to external users - flow successful but SharePoint item doesn't update

I have a members list with one column being the individual's email address.

I set up a flow for 'When an item is created (SharePoint)' > Grant access to an item or folder. Recipients is set to the email address.

Some on the list are external email addresses. 

When I add them to the SharePoint list, the flow is successful, but when I check the access for each list item, it hasn't updated with the external user.

Do the external users have to be added to the site permissions first? Or do they need to receive a link to the item and authenticate before it will show up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
calvares
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

OK I've worked it out. The person appears under 'Links giving access' - 'People you specify can edit'.

calvares_0-1621435335187.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
calvares
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

OK I've worked it out. The person appears under 'Links giving access' - 'People you specify can edit'.

calvares_0-1621435335187.png

emi_sqli
Frequent Visitor

Hi !

how did you solve your problem please ?

calvares
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Yes the flow does work for external users. I believe they need to authenticate before they appear in the permissions.

chaule
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem.  Is there a way to give them direct access instead of through links?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,786)