Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyTuke1
Advocate I
Advocate I

Graph API call not working with Teams tabs

Hi everyone,

This is driving me crazy.  I have a flow to create documents and add them as a tab to a new channel in Teams.  All the hard stuff is working apart from the adding the tab.  I've been reading the docs here

In the Graph explorer the PUT call works fine

working goodworking good

but in my Flow it fails, I cannot see any difference between them

PA-notworking.png

There's no useful error message

{
   "error": {
      "code": "UnknownError",
      "message": "",
      "innerError": {
         "request-id": "c23e4732-0d33-4a08-9d54-d8d598e2baf7",
      "date": "2019-11-27T19:06:33"
      }
   }
}

Can anyone spot something I'm missing as I'm starting to wonder if it simply doesnt work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndyTuke1 ,

Have you tried other authentication methods? Since the result of this request body test in Graph explorer is correct, it should also be available in HTTP actions.

In addition, the method you use in the HTTP action is PUT, which is different from the one you selected in the Graph explorer. Have you ever used Post for testing?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndyTuke1 ,

Have you tried other authentication methods? Since the result of this request body test in Graph explorer is correct, it should also be available in HTTP actions.

In addition, the method you use in the HTTP action is PUT, which is different from the one you selected in the Graph explorer. Have you ever used Post for testing?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Barry, you're a star.  Fresh eyes was clearly what it needed.  It was the stupid mistake of having PUT and not POST.  I spent hours looking at that yesterday focussed on the details and never thought to check the simple thing at the top.  Please accept this beer token for when you're ever in town over here 

beertoken.jfif

@AndyTuke1 Is there any way you'd share pics of this flow? I am trying to build team creation and this would be huge. Also stuck on how to grab specific tab IDs which I assume you do when adding / deleting tabs.

I'll start googling one free six pack stickers as I've hit dead ends elsewhere, you'd really be saving me! 

Sorry mate, I don't have that flow anymore, it was something I was developing for testing a theory and its been deleted now.  I can tell you that the key thing for using the Graph API via HTTP calls is testing in the Graph Explorer page so you can see exactly what you are returning, especially as I've found a few instances where not everything the documentation says should be returned actually is.

Is there a specific part you're having trouble with that I can try and rebuild a test for?  I have a quietish week at work so back on learning Power Automate again while I can

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (52,341)