cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

HELP - Logic help needed for solution using MS Flow, MS Forms and SharePoint Online

I am trying to create a soluiton using MS Forms to gather responses from users, then using MS Flow, populate the results of that survey to a SharePoint list, where I can do some caluclated columns and display a ranking based on the wieghts of the questions.  

I have been banging my head against the desk.  I can get the MS Forms data imported into a SharePoint list. (Easy Peasy).

BUT....when I try to add additional logic to allow end users to update the MS Form, which would then update the question answers that were orignally submitted - and not create a new list entry....well, that is where I am hitting the wall. 

I can get it to create a new item, but if I do get the updates working, it creates a new entry and then updates the existing as well..  very frustrating.  

Below is the last iteration I have tried, with no succcess.  Any guidance oir advice is GREATLY appreciated.  

Image 4Image 4Image 3Image 3Image 2Image 2Image 1Image 1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DuaneAlleman,

You could configure Get items-Filter Query to get exist item which store the submission submitted by the responder.

First of all, you need to create a new column to store responder's email address.
This email address will be used to judge if the responder has submitted the form.
Configure Condition to check if items have obtained from Get items action, use length() function to achieve this.
if yes, configure Update item action; if no configure Create item action.
Image reference:
Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,
Barry
Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DuaneAlleman,

You could configure Get items-Filter Query to get exist item which store the submission submitted by the responder.

First of all, you need to create a new column to store responder's email address.
This email address will be used to judge if the responder has submitted the form.
Configure Condition to check if items have obtained from Get items action, use length() function to achieve this.
if yes, configure Update item action; if no configure Create item action.
Image reference:
Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,
Barry
Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi Barry,

Thank you for the suggestion.  I am trying this, and it is sucessfully running and completing the Flow run, but it dos not update my list with any data now.

Not sure what I may be missing.  it would update the list prior, but not now.

FlowScreenshot.png

Thanks,

Duane

Barry,

I stepped away and grabbed another cup of coffee and did another review of the Flow and found my issue.  I had an apply to each in the yes action.  You did not show that in your suggestion example, so I removed it and retest.

SUCCESS!!     Thank you Very much!   

Duane

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (8,018)