cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

HTTP REQUEST TO SHAREPOINT-document library

hi, I am trying to Get an excel in a SP document library.

Can you help me on how the Uri should read? or how to get the correct path?

Captura.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @ALFRED05 .

The correct URI syntax would be 

https://{site_url}/_api/web/GetFolderByServerRelativeUrl('/Folder Name')/Files('{file_name}')/$value

Reference article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/working-with-folders-and-files-with-rest 

In Power Automate.

CFernandes_0-1598425714594.png

Note: Dest2 is the name the of my document library and 'sample_pin.xls' is the name of by excel file.

You can change the above with dynamic values returned by Power Automate trigger(prehaps you can use 'When a file is created properties only').

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helper III
Helper III

Hi @CFernandes , thanks for your help! however it did not work.

I got this error first, so I just added what it said and tried again.I got this error first, so I just added what it said and tried again.this is how it lookedthis is how it lookedbut I got this, I am the owner of the SP site and I dont have the excel file locked in any waybut I got this, I am the owner of the SP site and I dont have the excel file locked in any way

any idea what could be going wrong?

@ALFRED05 

In the URI - please add only 

/_api/web/GetFolderByServerRelativeUrl('/Folder Name')/Files('{file_name}')/$value

Please do not add SPWeb.ServerRelative URL. Please create the request similar to the screenshot below.

Untitled.png

Also please check the the permission for the user(with which you have created the SharePoint connection) on the document library.

Helper III
Helper III

@CFernandes 

The same error 😞

egsfgds.PNGCapturasadfgdsfgsgfd.PNG

@ALFRED05 Can you let me know what are you trying to achieve? Perhaps we can work around it using another approach?

@CFernandes  Sure,

I am trying to dump rows from and excel to sharepoint list, dinamically...like when an excel is uploaded to SP, grabs that file and copy the rows to a sharepoint list.

@ALFRED05 You can follow the tutorial at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTLJr4U_Gho

Instead of the Recurrence trigger you use 'When a file is created SharePoint' Trigger.

I hope it helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (9,407)