cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ORBroncoFan
Frequent Visitor

HTTP Trigger v. Action

Hi All,  I've a perplexing problem... I can create a flow with an HTTP trigger and invoke my API call (Google Public DNS). I can interrogate the HTTP output with a Parse JSON action and sure enough, it works! The problem is I need an "on-demand" trigger instead of the run-each-minute, autoscheduled trigger that is the HTTP trigger. So when I initiate a Flow with say, a button or PowerApps trigger, I immediately follow it with an HTTP action. I'll be darned, I configure the HTTP action exactly as I did with the trigger, follow it with a Parse JSON action, and discover the HTTP action (while returning a 200 status) returns null JSON content ({"boolean": false}).  Why is the content different? Thoughts? Thx!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ORBroncoFan
Frequent Visitor

Re: HTTP Trigger v. Action

RESOLVED.  The problem was in the subsequent Parse JSON action, in which I had to change the Content reference from "json(string(triggerBody())" (which works for the HTTP trigger) to "json(string(Body('HTTP'))" (which works for the HTTP action).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ORBroncoFan
Frequent Visitor

Re: HTTP Trigger v. Action

RESOLVED.  The problem was in the subsequent Parse JSON action, in which I had to change the Content reference from "json(string(triggerBody())" (which works for the HTTP trigger) to "json(string(Body('HTTP'))" (which works for the HTTP action).

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,751)