cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gopi2212
Level: Powered On

HTTP get to Sharepoint list

Hi,

In my flow I am getting data from excel using HTTP get method which is working fine but I am not sure how to load those rows into share point list. Here is my flow. Any help would be really appreciated!

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: HTTP get to Sharepoint list

Hi @Gopi2212, is there any particular reason you are using the Get method and the wanting to use an HTTP request to add the rows to the SharePoint list? I ask because I would do it a much simpler way by adding an Excel Online (Business) List rows present in a table action and add a SharePoint Create Item action which will wrap itself in an Apply to each control. That means that an item will be created for every row it finds in the Excel table.

Excel-SharePoint.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Gopi2212

My excel location will be dynamic. I believe that get rows in excel business will work for static location. In my case, multiple users will upload multiple excel into share point library.. whenever there is an excel it should get the rows and post into SP list.

TP3_Altice

Can you trigger the flow to start when a new xls is added to the library? Then, you would have the name of the file that was added, store it in a variable and you could use @RobElliott 's solution

Highlighted
Gopi2212

Can I use variable in file name? I do not think it will work. I thought file name in below step is static. However, I will try that now.Capture.JPG

Gopi2212

If I use "ask in power apps" for file name then it throws error. it will be the same thing for variable also.

Capture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,509)