cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Requirements

Hi Team, 

I noticed that complex flows with more than 50 steps are so slowly opening. 

Literally, I can not do anything when developing a flow for a few minutes after opening.

My machine has 8GB RAM and Core i5 CPU. I know, this is not sufficient to be recognised a developer machine, but flow and powerapps are positioning as power user tool and not as developer tools)

Are there some official recommendations for the developer machine to be the most productive with building flows/powerapps?

Cheers, 

Pavel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Hardware Requirements

Hi @Pavel_Sheludkov,

I could not find any official recommendations about Hardware Requirements of Microsoft Flow in computer, I think the issue that you mentioned is not related to hardware of your machine.

Just as you said, Microsoft Flow and PowerApps are positioning as power user tool and not as developer tools, if you want to use Microsoft Flow on your machine, you just need a modern browser (such as, Chrome, Edge and IE) on your side.

If your flow opens slowly, please check if your Network is in a good condition. Sometimes, the Network state would take effect on the issue that you mentioned. Also please consider take a try to clear cache of your browser and try your flow again. In addition, there are also some limits in Microsoft Flow, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/limits-and-config

Different Flow plans would take effect on building flows/powerapps productively, please consider take a try to upgrade your Microsoft Flow to Flow Plans 2. More details about different plans of Microsoft Flow, please check the following article:

https://preview.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Pavel_Sheludkov,

I could not find any official recommendations about Hardware Requirements of Microsoft Flow in computer, I think the issue that you mentioned is not related to hardware of your machine.

Just as you said, Microsoft Flow and PowerApps are positioning as power user tool and not as developer tools, if you want to use Microsoft Flow on your machine, you just need a modern browser (such as, Chrome, Edge and IE) on your side.

If your flow opens slowly, please check if your Network is in a good condition. Sometimes, the Network state would take effect on the issue that you mentioned. Also please consider take a try to clear cache of your browser and try your flow again. In addition, there are also some limits in Microsoft Flow, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/limits-and-config

Different Flow plans would take effect on building flows/powerapps productively, please consider take a try to upgrade your Microsoft Flow to Flow Plans 2. More details about different plans of Microsoft Flow, please check the following article:

https://preview.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @v-xida-msft,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.

I just noticed that when I open flow, the machine resources like CPU and RAM consumption significantly increase and I cannot do with the flow anything for a minute or two while I guess the flow schema is loading.

However, this is still suitable if just to wait for a few minutes.

Regards,

Pavel

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,039)