cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Have a Flow Fire on certain dates

I know one of the biggest asks is to have a flow fire only on certain dates of a month, but I'm also looking for the opposite as a result of that functionality not existing.

I have a set of two reminder e-mails that need to go out at the beginning of the month--the first on the first Monday of the month, and the second two days following. I can't technically do the first Wednesday of the month setup, because there are occasions where the first Wed. will fall before the first Monday (and the bodies of the e-mails are different, so it wouldn't work).

Basically, Wednesday falling before Monday could only happen if the date of the month is the 1st or 2nd, so I'm looking for a way for that flow to not fire if the actual date is the 1st or 2nd date of the month. Is there a way to accommodate this?

The alternative is to have the 2nd flow fire only when the first is successful, but I don't know a way around that.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Have a Flow Fire on certain dates

@bposa217 

I suggest using a Recurrence trigger that is configured to fire every Monday.  You should be able to determine if it is the first Monday by using the dayOfMonth() expression.  Use a condition - If it isn't the day you want, just exit the Flow.  If it is the First Monday of the month, then include a delay in your flow for 2 days after the first email is sent.  Then send the second email.

If you want, you could eliminate the condition by using the same logic in a trigger filter - the Flow won't even start if it isn't the first Monday of the Month.

If you need an example, just let me know.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted

Re: Have a Flow Fire on certain dates

@ScottShearerit sounds like this is exactly what I'm looking to accomplish--thank you.

Would you mind providing an example just so I can have a template to model off of?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,814)