cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Misa
Level: Powered On

Having Flow send email as the name of the Sharepoint List

Hello.

In SPD, when an email is triggered it would show the Sent From as the name of the Sharepoint list.  Why has that ability been removed from Microsoft Flow?  It would eliminate the "ugliness" of the email being sent from the author of flow.  That does not make sense.  We should not have to be required to have to create a Shared Mailbox or have to create groups and have the admins make the Send As "turned on" for it to work.

Is there a work around so that this using the name of the Sharpeoint site can be used?  Like being able to pull the name of the Sharepoint site and have that as a Sent From or Sent on Behalf of?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Having Flow send email as the name of the Sharepoint List

Hi @Misa ,

Please check if the following doc on Working with lists and list items with REST would be helpful:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/working-with-lists-and-list-items-with-re...

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Misa ,

It is a default behavior that flow will send out the email from the author of the flow.

I am afraid that it is not possible to set the name of SharePoint site as Send from or Sent on behalf of.

I don’t have an experience that Flow showed the Sent From as the name of SharePoint list.

If you have samples on it, please share with me to help confirm this issue.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

@Misa :

As a work around, you might want to consider using the Send an Email Notification action (green envelope icon).  The email will show as coming fromPowerApps or Flow and not as the person who created the Flow.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Misa

Thank you.  I used the Send an Email that has a grren box and it did not give me the result i was looking for.  The email still came through showing it was from Microsoft Flow and (something else) intead of the email address being used.

I had read somewhere about using a HTTP Send a Request to get the name of the Sharepoint site and of course not being able to find that suggestion again.  Unfortunately i am not familiar with using it.  😞

I will keep searching.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Misa ,

Please check if the following doc on Working with lists and list items with REST would be helpful:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/working-with-lists-and-list-items-with-re...

Best regards,

Mabel

View solution in original post

Misa

Hi Mabel and thank you for your response.  I will learn how to use REST since i am not too versed in it.  

When an email was sent using SPD, the from field came through as the name of the site, XXX <no-reply@sharepointonline.com>.

Thank you all.  I do hope that MS will not make it so difficult in the future 😄 .

Have a wonderful day!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,683)