Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
y2kardell
Helper III
Helper III

Help Displaying Last 4 Digits/Characters of a Tracking Number

Hi-

I am having to create a flow using power automate that requires the following:

User inputs a tracking number in a SharePoint column, I need to figure out how using power automate

to capture the last 4 digits or characters of the input tracking number value and display it into another column

in another Sharepoint list but for now just need the function of how to achieve this.

Any help is appreciated,
y2kardell

23 REPLIES 23
y2kardell
Helper III
Helper III

@mahoneypat @VictorIvanidze  thanks for your continuous help on this.

Unfortunately if(empty(triggerBody()?['body/Tracking_x0023_']), '', substring(triggerBody('body/Tracking_x0023_'], sub(length(triggerBody()['body/Tracking_x0023_']),4),4)) didn't resolve the issue either. 

Considering that I already have 2 other condition statements in my flow adding a 3rd seems to be wreaking havoc on my flow all together. Therefore I may scrap this part of the flow because it may not be worth it especially since I already have a column in Sharepoint that has the tracking number there that they can use. Besides, I am spending way too much time on this part of the flow. Thanks for all of the help on this as I truly appreciate all of your efforts.

y2kardell

Doing it with hidden SharePoint column would have been easier.  Please mark the original solution as accepted.

@y2kardell 

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

y2kardell
Helper III
Helper III

@mahoneypat that would probably work except I would need to actually see the "Tracking (Last 4) column and the data in the column for each list.

y2kardell
Helper III
Helper III

@mahoneypat @VictorIvanidze finally figured it out going a different route.

I went into Sharepoint and created a calculated column for Tracking (Last 4) using the following formula

and it worked:

=RIGHT([Tracking #],4). That was much simpler and created the desired results.

Again thanks for all of your help guys, I appreciate the efforts.

y2kardell

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,300)