cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roisinc21
Frequent Visitor

Help Parsing JSON

Looking for some help if possible with the following JSON output. I need to pass the values from the items id and record into SHarePoint. I can successlly use filter array with compose on the position for each item within items but often the position is repeated throughout the JSON output so I want to instead filter on the items id and return the values. Tried and tried with no avail, response is continuously that cannot filter array with a null value. Any assistance would be greatfully appreciated.

See attached for JSON sample

6 REPLIES 6
srduval
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

can you post what you have as the filter array expression?

Roisinc21
Frequent Visitor

Sure - see screen shots below with position used.  Where I would try and replace position with id for example fails completely, tried various things with this I have lost count now, I will try and reproduce the error message as wellapplytoeach.png

compose.png

filterarray.png

filteritems.png

srduval
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

It looks like you are trying to get to results->Items->ID correct?

If you post the full JSON that you are trying to parse, i'll play with it and see what I can come up with

Roisinc21
Frequent Visitor

Amazing Thank yoou!

I have sent as a private message as when I post it here it gets flagged as spam

Cheers

RC

srduval
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

See if something in here is able to guide you. I created a flow that parses a the json in a couple different steps, and I think contains the filter statement you're after or at least will give you an idea of how to interpret the JSON and utilize it. The link below should let you download the .zip package export of the flow I did on my side and you can import it into your environment.

@AnnaChu any chance this forum could be updated to allow file sharing? 

https://gofile.io/d/NiDy3m

Hi again,

Thank you very much for this, I plan to come back to this on Thursday so I will update you then but wanted to say thanks in the meantime for your assistance with this.

Cheers

RC

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (3,342)