cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous_Hippo
Regular Visitor

Help Running Office script on Sharepoint List attachment

Hello All,

I am trying to run an office script on a sharepoint list item. But unfortunately the Run Script connector is not able to  find the file and is giving me this following error :

Anonymous_Hippo_1-1619630790172.png

Here is the flow that i have setup. Quick context of what the flow does: 

• Whenever a new item is created the flow runs and looks if any of the added attachments has "Import_Template" as a file name
  • If the above value returns true then it needs to run an Office script (this is where the issues is)

MS Flow ScreenshotMS Flow Screenshot

Can someone please tell me what i am doing incorrectly ?

PS: I am new to MS flow 🙂

Thanks !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Answer by Geoffren

Sharepoint list attachments are not supported with any of the ExcelOnline Business connectors.

This is a workaround that will allow you to read from the attachment (basically the workaround is to automatically copy the excel attachment into your onedrive, read it there, then delete the file). This won't work if you want to make changes to the excel attachment though...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ethan313

Office Scripts only works for Microsoft Excel, not Microsoft Lists.

Yes I understand that. I am extracting an excel file attached in MS list and trying to run office script attached to the excel file- Could you please tell me if that is not supported .... Do i have to copy the file to another library, run the script and re add the excel file to the SharePoint List item ? (I did not want to go this route since it might take longer time to run the flow)

Answer by Geoffren

Sharepoint list attachments are not supported with any of the ExcelOnline Business connectors.

This is a workaround that will allow you to read from the attachment (basically the workaround is to automatically copy the excel attachment into your onedrive, read it there, then delete the file). This won't work if you want to make changes to the excel attachment though...

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (19,069)