cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Isak-Lindgren
Regular Visitor

Help me get specific text of an email to a SharePoint list.

I have a specific mission to bring specific parts of automated emails to a SharePoint list with different categories. We have a list, but we do not know how to divide the specific parts into specific categories. 

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@Isak-Lindgren 

Can you provide an example of one of the emails?  Are all of the emails in the same format?  Can you explain a little more about what you are trying to do?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Hi scott and thank you for your reply.  

i shall describe the problem more clearly, down below you find a example of the email. identities and numbers are changed and do not reveal any internal information. ( i must write that ). 

"Subject: company-Case - with priority- has been assigned to you

Sent: den 25 mars 2021 11:54
To:  <>
Subject: Company-Case (censored) with priority (censored) has been assigned to you

Hi Print Colorado,

Case (censored) with priority (censored) has been assigned to you and you will find more info below. Regarding questions about the case, contact Case owner (consored) via email.

Please do as follow:

• hidden information 

Case Information :  hidden information 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Title :[#ID:IT-520#] print - broken 

Contact Person : IT Guy 

Organization :  wendys 

Case Type : Incident

Priority : pending 

Service Hours :  Mon - Fri 

Created : 25-07-2021 11:27:56 

Latest start time : 26-06-2021 09:27:56 

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: "

end of Email 

the email always comes from the same Email address, and the subject always contain a random case id following the string "has been assigned". the purpose is to automate a flow and gather information from sources such as Case id and subject. the most important information of the email is the area contained in these dots :::::::. 

we want all of the information in that area to be gathered into different categories in a share point list, so that for example a list of case types and organisation gets stacked in the correct sharepoint list category. 

we have suceeded the automation and creation of a list, but we cannot take the "specfic parts" of the email into a specific share point list category, instead the whole email with all of its text is placed is every category. we only want for example organisation to be placed in organisation, in this case wendys. 

how do we take theese specific parts and tell power automate to only send this and that information to corresponding category. 

first the email comes, then we have tried HTML to text with a body function, following is the sharepoint list. 

Isak-Lindgren_1-1618214035170.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (31,480)