cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CatPagulayan
Helper IV
Helper IV

Help on power automate that updates a sharepoint list with entries and attachments from another sharepoint list

Hello,

So I have this kind of flow:

1. When an item is created in SP A, it is also created in SP B - This is okay, I have created this already

2. When column REMARKS is modified in SP B and attachment is created, that REMARKS should go back to SP A together with the attachment - this one I am struggling to make 😞

So I have a column Document Number and this is the basis where the 2 sharepoints get the reference so it updates accordingly. 

Appreciate the help.

thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@CatPagulayan  Please use action- 'Get changes for an item or a file (properties only)' this will track your Remark column changes and then you can use Get attachments --> Get attachment content--->Add attachment -->Update item.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Hi @Hardesh15 ,

Thank you. Almost there 🙂 I am having this error:

error powerautomate.JPG

basically, i do not think SP A and SP B will ever have the same ID because SP A is sending to different SP according to the trucker name. 

This is my flow:

Flow sharepoint.JPG

for further context, the sharepoint transfers initially is from SP A to multiple sharepoints depending on the Trucker Name. So SP A may be transferring initially to around 20 different sharepoint lists then each of those 20 sharepoint lists when edited should be updating SP A accordingly based on a similar reference which is shipment number in this case. Appreciate the help. thanks!

@CatPagulayan  you need to create parent list item ID in subsequent list via flow so that you can fetch details related to parent list via parent list item ID.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,005)