cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackFisher

Help with Calendar Event Creation

Hi Community, 

Having a problem using Forms and Power Automate together to generate a calendar invite. 

I have a form that is gathering data on school assemblies and promotional activity for our business that includes selecting a date and then a multiple option question underneath for the start time (there is also an end time one too). Please see screenshot:

JackFisher_0-1664202363070.png

From here, I would like once a form is submitted - a calendar invite to generate and invite relevant people. I can set the whole flow up without any issues including the inviting of people however really struggling with the start date/time! If I link the 'date' and 'start time' data direct from the Form, it doesn't work as isn't in the right format and if it is just the 'start time' then will work... but put in today's date! I've tried using a Concat function with no luck so looking for some inspiration on how to join these two answers from Forms to create the correct start date/time (and end)!

JackFisher_1-1664202928450.png

JackFisher_2-1664202972173.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-chengfen-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @JackFisher 

The reason you are having this problem is:
1. When you use concat(2022-09-27, 09:00 am), the output will become 2022-09-2709:00 am, [Create event] cannot recognize it as a DateTime

Maybe you can try:
concat(concat([date],' '),[time])

Best Regards

Cheng Feng

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chengfen-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @JackFisher 

The reason you are having this problem is:
1. When you use concat(2022-09-27, 09:00 am), the output will become 2022-09-2709:00 am, [Create event] cannot recognize it as a DateTime

Maybe you can try:
concat(concat([date],' '),[time])

Best Regards

Cheng Feng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,318)