Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VAsHachiRoku
Microsoft
Microsoft

Help with Twitter to Notification

Hello,

I am trying out flow and found a reason to try it. Bunch of my friends are playing Pokemon go. There is a Twitter field that post when a pokemon shows up.

I've been trying to play around with the template Twitter to Notification, but I dont think I understand it, so I'll try and explain.

Goal want to only get a notification if a specific Pokemon is Twitted about, dont want all them.

1. I created a new Twitter account (didnt have one)
  2. Followed the account that posts - @EpicSGPokemon 
  3. Greated new flow from Template "Get a push notification on tweet with a certain keyword"
  4. When a new tweet appears "Search value" - I wasnt sure how this works, can I put 5 Pokemon seperated by commas? It didn't provide the type of Syntax supported. I used this = Lapras, Hitmonlee, Aerodactyl, Chansey, Arcanine, Machamp, Snorlax, Gyarados, Venusaur, Hitmonchan, Lickitung, Exeggutor, Porygon, Flareon, Blastoise, Vaporeon
  5. Send a Push notification scope - Honestly this part is confusing <Choose a Value> <Set Condition> <Choose a value>.
  6. If yes, send Push notification

I guess the questions i have are the following:

I dont know much about Twitter, so by following EpicSGPokemon, will those be the only Twittes that are searched in #3?

#4 Is my Sntax correct or do I need OR statements between each search value?

#5 I'm very confused, how do I configure this. This seems to be the text that will be sent via notification. I dont get the condition statement. I dont need the name of the person who post, because its the same user who post. Honestly I just create about the text of the tweet itself

Thanks for your time and advise! Best way to learn is have something to try, this was something I thought would be interesting to try.

3 REPLIES 3
Perumal
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I don't have idea about pokemon, I assume that you want to create push notification for tweets from list of people, In this case, for the search value, try @person1,@person2,@person3.

Regarding push notification part, I have not tried it. I will post, if I get any documentation.

jlocatell
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

you can create a twitter list and add all the twitter accounts that you want to get tweets from.

Syntax for the query is list:@user/<name_of_list>

so you can add/delete members without the need of modificate the flow

regards

J

I tried the (AtSign)Username method and once I changed the flow stopped working all together. Am I enter the query in the right location?

Also how do I find the list? I have the user name, but I dont know much about twitter, so I dont know how to find the list name.

This is where i tried entering

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (2,906)