cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
efialtes
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

How Flow counts executions

As @I_like_PIcomments in https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Forum/Flow-troubleshooting-and-licensing/ I am also interested in understanding better how Flow counts executions; and how users and administrator can manage executions.

How Flow counts executions:

I mean, if I define a daily recurrence trigger I understand the number of executions will be 1 per day. Right?

If I define a trigger "When a new sharepoint list item is added" I understand the number of executions will be 1 per new item, right?. I guess whenever this trigger related filters finally work, the number of executions will be 1 per new item matching filter conditions, right?

Now, If I define a trigger "when a new email is received". I understand the number of executions will be 1 per new email, right?. If I add some restrictions to the trigger (i.e. FRom contains a specific string, Has Attachments, etc.), the number of executions will be 1 per new email received matching trigger associated restrictions, right?

How users and administrators can manage executions:

I have two doubts related to "Flow for Office 365 and Flow for Dynamics 365" plan. The pricing info explain that up to 2,000 executions/month are included; but "the number of flow runs is aggregated across all users in the company". So, my questions are:

-Can an administrator (under P2 plan, I guess) assign flow execution quotas per user/environment?

-Does Flow report users the number of executions they have "spent" in the current month?

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi efialtes,

Even if the condition in your flow isn't met the flow is still counted as ran. You can work around this issue by putting all the filtering you need into the trigger.

So far, I couldn’t find a way to assign flow execution quotas nor find the number of executions of each user. But logs of your runs, along with notifications and failures, can be found by clicking Activity.

0.PNG

Additionally, your current usage against your plan can be found by clicking the Settings menu in the top navigation bar.

00.png

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

So what is the difference between a filter and a condition?

To be blunt as I noted in my post. I used the check email when it arrives event as a trrigger with extra details about the particular email I was looking for. I only recieved 9 emails through the weekend and I know it never made it to the second day before it exceeded 750. When I check activitiy I can see that it was looking at my email once every minute regardless of whether i Recieved any email.

And thats kind of ridiculous because if any user defined a "check email when it arrives" event they are going to burn

43200 (60min/hr * 24hr/day * 30days) events a month.

So what plan do I buy, and how much is it then costing me to monitor for 1 email a day.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (44,195)