cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmbriAdmin
Frequent Visitor

How can I prevent infrequently run flows from being automatically disabled?

I recently received an email about a flow I have that doesn't run very often with the following message:

We noticed that your flow has not run at all in the past 90 days. If it does not run it will be turned off in 7 days.

This is very inconvenient for me, but I can't find any documentation regarding this policy or how to disable it (if that's even possible).

Some possibly relevant details:

• We are using the Microsoft Power Automate Free license with Microsoft 365 E3

• This flow is part of a document approval process and doesn't make sense to have run periodically to avoid this apparent 90-day limit.

Has anyone else encountered this / has anyone had success disabling this feature?

4 REPLIES 4
Jronash
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

I received an email like that yesterday as well, but since the affected flow wasn't important, I haven't gotten around to looking into it yet. 

It seems like a bad idea to me - I think there are many cases where a critical flow may run less than once every 90 days.

nick_g
Frequent Visitor

Same here! 🤐

Have no idea - this seems completely random as I have flows that are older than 90 days and not suspended/used ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Agree we need to understand what is happening.

For example could this affect flows that are part of solutions that are integrated into other Power Platform apps like Power Apps/Virtual Agents?

Cheers

AlyssaFriesen

I'm running into the same issue. I have flows that I've scheduled to run annually and triggered flows where this is going to be a problem for me. This must be a new feature that these flows are disabled after 90 days?

Pieter Veenstra just posted a blog post about how to re-enable suspended flows automatically using... a flow of course.

https://sharepains.com/2020/12/02/re-enable-flows-power-automate/amp/

It's not a beginner-level flow, but if this is causing a lot of problems for you, it could be a good solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,227)