cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yoshihirok
Level 10

How can I set none to Reminder of action "Office 365 Outlook - create event" ?

I want to create a event on my Office 365 Outlook without Reminder.

for create a event without reminider.

At The Reminder is 15 minutes,

Reminder value value  of "Office 365 Outlook - create event" action is 15.

and When Reminder set non-interger value,

I cannot update the flow with error " Definition contains invalid parameters. "

How can I set none Reminder value for none-reminder event ?

Regards,

Yoshihiro Kawabata

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How can I set none to Reminder of action "Office 365 Outlook - create event" ?

Hi Yoshihiro,

It seems that we are currently not able to configure Reminder as “none-reminder” using flow.

You could consider to submit an idea at Flow Ideas Forum about “none-reminder” issue:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

I will also collect and report this from my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How can I set none to Reminder of action "Office 365 Outlook - create event" ?

Hi Yoshihiro,

Do you want to create an event without Reminder? Have you tried to set the Reminder value to ‘0’?

An integer value is asked in the Reminder field. So when you enter a None-Integer value in this field, the value would be invalid.

I created a flow to create a none-reminder event in Office 365 Calendar. I configured the Reminder value to “0”, then when I run the flow, an event without Reminder created. Please see the screenshot as below:

1.I set the value of Reminder field to “0”.

Reminder1.PNG

2.The flow run succeeded.

reminder2.PNG

3.The event is created in Calendar without Reminder.

reminder3.PNG

If I understand you correctly, please try if my step works for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
yoshihirok
Level 10

Hi, @v-yamao-msft

Thank you for your quick reply.

My Check result is that Reminder 0 is 0 minutes reminder, this is not 'none-reminder'.

I want to set none-reminder instead of 0 minutes reminder.

Regards,

Yoshihiro Kawabata

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Yoshihiro,

It seems that we are currently not able to configure Reminder as “none-reminder” using flow.

You could consider to submit an idea at Flow Ideas Forum about “none-reminder” issue:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

I will also collect and report this from my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

View solution in original post

yoshihirok
Level 10

Hi, @v-yamao-msft

Thank you for your reply.

I post this to Flow Ideas forum.

Idea: Create a event with none-Reminder by action "Office 365 Outlook - create event"

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Create-a-event-with-none-Reminder-by-action-quot-Offi...

Regards,

Yoshihiro Kawabata

Nuker
Level: Power Up

For everybody finding this post and feeling deflated with the non-solution, note that you can achieve a "None" in the reminder field by using -1 as the value in the flow.

JShock
Level: Powered On

When I use -1, the Outlook item becomes unstable and has errors. So, I don't think this is a supported situation.

schreibman
Level: Powered On

-1 still kicks a reminder and causes error as indicated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using "-1" is not a valid solution and causes errors in certain outlook versions. In Google calendar, it simply pings the alert 1 minute after the meeting has begun. Also an invalid solution. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yoshihirok thank you. I have voted for your request.

hboisvert
Level: Power Up

As an ugly hack in the mean time, you can set the reminder value to 2628000, which is 5 years. Since it's most likely in the past, it shouldn't pop up. Also, most calendar software will ignore such a long value and simply revert to "None".

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,944)