Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flyingfishnm
Helper I
Helper I

How can I speed-up a flows processing?

Hi All

I’m looking to build a power apps application to allow a department to manage courses they organise and run. They interact with customers via a website which allows customers to book themselves onto courses/seminars. Currently they produce updates  to the website course content via csv files and they can download csv file which contains the booking data.

I’ve designed the backend data store around SharePoint, with the view that the dept. will download at least once a month a csv file of the booking data which is then imported into excel for reporting, which is an intense manual process. The Power App system will simplify this whole process and make it more automated. There are a number of company and financial issues why this approach has been taken.

So, I’ve produced a solution design doc and my first step is getting the data imported so I’ve created a power automate flow which picks up the csv and splits the data up for a record and inserts if new and updates if it has been created already. I took a sample of 100 records, it took about 10mins to process that file. I think this is pretty slow, as a normal file will have around 3K records to process thats about 6hrs!. With general programming of systems there are normally things you can do to increase performance. on the front and backend.

My questions are:

1. With Automate and PowerApps are there system areas I can influence to help performance?
  2. Is a flow or powerapp interpreted? If so, is there plans for some kind of compiler?
  3. What does the runtime environment for a flow or powerapp look like and is there any available documentation about it?

Thanks for any insights! 😊

Cheers!

dj

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,235)