Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

How can compose in FLOW when created by is equal to Modified by

Hello Everyone,

How can compose in FLOW when created by is equal to Modified by then when they are equal my condition will run.  Im trying to use DO UNTIL but seems whatever the condition is it becomes TRUE.  or is there another approach for this scenario?

Thanks!

Ian Caro

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IC ,

Could you share more details about your needs?

If the trigger you are using is When an item is created, Created by is definitely the same as Modified by.

You could try replacing the trigger with When an item is created or modified and then doing a similar test.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply (both of you)

currently, testing this way - but no matter what the condition the Do until still resulted to true. 

Do_until FLOW.png
what I need to achieve on this condition is:  When the created by is equal to modified by, do this (whatever the condition is) my end goal with Do until is that while the condition is not met do-until but the moment the condition is met then run the condition and stop the flow.

Ok, I will try to use When an item is created or modified and test I will give the findings.

Highlighted

Using Created by or Modifed by I have this run history just for one entry and still running and not stopping when my condition is Created by is equal to modified by

Do_until FLOW_Run History.png

Do_until FLOW_crdmodi.png

My impression in using Do until:  Created by is equal to Modified by the system will keep on sending email then when this is true it will stop sending email.

Do_until FLOW_crdmodi_sendemail.png

Highlighted

Any updates? need to know how i can use the condition when created by is equal to modified by function to answer most of my problems.  thanks!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IC ,

In fact, I am still confused about your needs.

In general, we determine whether the current item is changed or newly created, only need to judge Created and Modified.

If they are equal, this is a newly created item; if they are not equal, the item is changed.

At this time, Modified by is the user who currently changes this item.

Modified by and Created By may be equal when the item is changed, and the user may be the same person.

18.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi @v-bacao-msft thanks for your reply really appreciate it.

I have a document library and I want to put a condition where as when the user uploaded the file or create new file then the Approval process will kick in however I want to put a condition when the approval process take effect the user as and when edited the file or document the approval process stops and rejects as the result.  or another approach would be if the approval process take place the file cannot be edited by user.  I can do this security filtering by sharepoint designer but I couldn't apply it here in FLOW.  Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,365)