cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kpreeti1256
Level: Powered On

How can i get work items in tree view from azure devops?

Hi

I am new to Flows. Can anyone suggest me how to get the work items in a tree view from azure Is there a way to assign roles to these work items?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: How can i get work items in tree view from azure devops?

Hi @Kpreeti1256 

Please see the blog below where I have showed how to get related items from azuredevops using a customised query. This should help you get the tree view too. You can export the wiql query and put that in the send http request action. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community-Blog/Create-Update-Parameterized-Querie...

As to the roles, how do you want to assign these? Where are you getting the users from? Do yo uhave any sharepoint list where the user data is stored? Can you share more details on this? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Kpreeti1256 

Were you able to resolve? 

You can get the persons list from SharePoint by using the 'Get Items' action and then use the ODATA filter to get the person mapped to the particular item and assign the task to them by using the Update Work Item action. (you can try adding the field or sending another HTTP request to Azure DevOps to rassign the task). 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Kpreeti1256 

Please see the blog below where I have showed how to get related items from azuredevops using a customised query. This should help you get the tree view too. You can export the wiql query and put that in the send http request action. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community-Blog/Create-Update-Parameterized-Querie...

As to the roles, how do you want to assign these? Where are you getting the users from? Do yo uhave any sharepoint list where the user data is stored? Can you share more details on this? 

Hope this Helps!

Kpreeti1256

@yashag2255

It worked like a charm. The blog was very helpful for the custom query and the tree view. As to my second issue in the flow, I want to get the persons from a Sharepoint list and this list has a column that has the task type (bug, test, userstory etc) and based on this I want to assign the task to these people. Can we do this?
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Kpreeti1256 

Were you able to resolve? 

You can get the persons list from SharePoint by using the 'Get Items' action and then use the ODATA filter to get the person mapped to the particular item and assign the task to them by using the Update Work Item action. (you can try adding the field or sending another HTTP request to Azure DevOps to rassign the task). 

Hope this Helps!

Kpreeti1256

Thank you for the response. I think I asked the question in wrong way. I ant to update the SP list based on the Azure DevOps task. I set up the flow to do that. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (3,354)