cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
panda
Helper I
Helper I

How do I add a link to the email in flow with a multilevel approval flow? Link attached to outlook which will approval update into sharepoint site

Hi Everyone. 

I tried to do this with Abosulate URI but I must not be doing it right. 

How do I use the Absolute URI function along with a multilevel approval flow? Trying to add the link to the attachment into the email section of the approval process.  I don't need to use the Abosolute URI function as long as I get the output that is needed.  I have a multi layer approval flow but need a link to the attachment in the email (not an attachment just the link).  Can someone show me the steps needed to do this on flow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yashkamdar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello Panda,

We solved this over a screen share session but I would like to write the answer here so that if anyone else is facing the same issue they can benefit from it.

So the trick is to Add a Get attachments action which will expose the Absolute URI in its body.

You can get the Body of the Get attachments action from the Flow run history.

All you need to do after that is add a PARSE JSON action where as an input you need to provide the body.

This action will expose the Absolute URI that you need to grab and include it in your Start and Wait for an approval action.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
yashkamdar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello Panda,

We solved this over a screen share session but I would like to write the answer here so that if anyone else is facing the same issue they can benefit from it.

So the trick is to Add a Get attachments action which will expose the Absolute URI in its body.

You can get the Body of the Get attachments action from the Flow run history.

All you need to do after that is add a PARSE JSON action where as an input you need to provide the body.

This action will expose the Absolute URI that you need to grab and include it in your Start and Wait for an approval action.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thank you so much Yash!  

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (3,034)