cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayq1989
Helper I
Helper I

How do I filter item in excel after form received?

Hi, I have a flow to record form response, however, I would need a "condition" whereby email will be sent to responder when the fields doesn't tally. Example, they will have to fill in Project Number and S/N in the form in order for my excel record to be updated. Currently, my flow will trigger email when 1. Project Number is wrongly keyed, however, how do I condition it further that if Project Number is correctly keyed but S/N is wrong, email will be triggered as well? 

The methods I have tried causes multiple emails to be sent due to the "apply_to_each" as some projects will have a few rows of data. So my question will be, is it possible for a flow to go through all the cells with the same project ID but will end up only trigger 1 email to be sent?

Thanks!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @jayq1989 ,

OK, would the below work for your requirements?  This is based on the common denominator of both conditions being Project No matching.

1. Update the 'List rows present in table' action to include an odata filter e.g. ProjectNo eq '1234'.  This will return all rows which at least have ProjectNo matching.

2. Add a condition for SerialNo and if true, update Excel (which is what you have done).  Otherwise, do what you need to do

ericcheng_0-1633423827611.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @jayq1989 ,

Just to clarify, you want to check the Project No and S/N in the form response and see if it exists already in a list? If not, it will send an email?  

Is the list in a SharePoint list or Excel table?

Connect on LinkedIn

jayq1989
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @eric-cheng 

Yes, if both conditions fulfilled, it will update a row in my excel (This is done), so now i am stuck with, if 1 condition is not fulfilled (Which is if Project ID is correct but S/N is not)

Thanks!

eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @jayq1989 ,

OK, would the below work for your requirements?  This is based on the common denominator of both conditions being Project No matching.

1. Update the 'List rows present in table' action to include an odata filter e.g. ProjectNo eq '1234'.  This will return all rows which at least have ProjectNo matching.

2. Add a condition for SerialNo and if true, update Excel (which is what you have done).  Otherwise, do what you need to do

ericcheng_0-1633423827611.png

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

jayq1989
Helper I
Helper I

@eric-cheng 

Hi Eric, thanks for the prompt response and suggestion!

jayq1989
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @eric-cheng 

Can I check with you with regards to this question which I have just created in another thread.

Do you have any suggestions for a flow that is able to do the following: -

1) Update a row with form details when both criteria matches (Project ID and Due Date)

2) Send an email when Project ID does not match with excel

3) Send an email when Project ID is correctly keyed but Due Date is not - I tried but unsuccessful, it will auto apply to each filter (*I would just want 1 email to be sent to the responder)

Thanks!

jayq1989_0-1634079193328.png

Thanks!

eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @jayq1989 ,

I have replied to your other thread

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,854)