cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charline74
Helper III
Helper III

How do I get my folder recreated every time someone fills in a form?

Charline74_0-1630583890015.png

Charline74_1-1630583940964.png

Charline74_2-1630583984349.png

So I would like my "create a new folder 2" to be recreated each time a form is filled in.

The first "create a new folder" should only be created once.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@Charline74  see below screenshot, first use initialize variable action to create the array of email address and name the variable as "Recipients" with type Array. Then in recipients of grant access action use below expression

join(variables('Recipients'),';')

annajhaveri_0-1631267395496.png

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

@Charline74  i just realized from your screenshot the error is occurring on initialize variable action. You are using ; yo separate the email address please you a comma (,) instead of semicolon (;). 

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@Charline74  you flow seems to be correct for what you want to do, are you facing any issues?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Charline74
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @annajhaveri 

I don't have any problems, the flow works but I would like to know if in "Recipients" if I type in an email address the person will only have access to their folder ?

@Charline74  could please let me know where you you providing email address of the person? Do you want to restrict access to the folder? In that case you will have to remove access of all people from folder and then grant access to the people who will have permission to access the folder.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Hi @annajhaveri

Charline74_0-1631264979440.png

As you can see I grant access to the person who filled in the form thanks to their email address.

And I would like to give access to the person who filled in the form and to other people but I don't know how to add other people.

@Charline74  you can create variable of type array and add all email address to the array and then use that array in Recipients parameter of the action

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

@annajhaveri,

Ok but how do you do that can you send me a demo?

@Charline74  see below screenshot, first use initialize variable action to create the array of email address and name the variable as "Recipients" with type Array. Then in recipients of grant access action use below expression

join(variables('Recipients'),';')

annajhaveri_0-1631267395496.png

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Hello @annajhaveri

Charline74_0-1631539321631.png

Charline74_1-1631539363738.png

Charline74_2-1631539427045.png

Charline74_3-1631539456888.png

I used your method but it doesn't work, you know why ?

@Charline74  can you also try putting responders email in the variable array, so that recipient only has that expression as input

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Hi @annajhaveri

I tried but it doesn't work either

Do you have a new idea ?

@Charline74  i just realized from your screenshot the error is occurring on initialize variable action. You are using ; yo separate the email address please you a comma (,) instead of semicolon (;). 

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,532)