cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zimmsl
Level: Power Up

How do I see the comments people have entered?

Hello!

I have created a flow to manage a basic review/approval process for documents stored in sharepoint. I use "Start an approval" to route the document first to somebody that has to work on it, next to somebody that has to review it. When anybody clicks Approve or Reject, the form that come up has a field: "Add comments (optional) ". A couple questions:

- where are those comments stored? I can't figure out how to view them.

- In a perfect world, I'd send those comments as part of the notification for the next person in the process. I noticed the "Message to Manager" that is a required field when submitted something to a flow is easily captured in the message sent as part of the Start an Approval action, but can't figure out how to do the same for those comments.

Any ideas?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How do I see the comments people have entered?

Hi @zimmsl,

Could you share a screenshot of your flow?

What do you mean by “Message to Manager”? Are you trying to send an email to Manager with comments from the approval action?

About #1, please try with the following workaround to store comments in certain destination then check it later. Here, I stored the comments in an Excel table.

A screenshot of the flow for your reference:

1.PNG

About #2, please share more details on Message to Manager. If you would like to send an email to Manager with comments, please see the following flow for a reference.

2.PNG 

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @zimmsl,

Could you share a screenshot of your flow?

What do you mean by “Message to Manager”? Are you trying to send an email to Manager with comments from the approval action?

About #1, please try with the following workaround to store comments in certain destination then check it later. Here, I stored the comments in an Excel table.

A screenshot of the flow for your reference:

1.PNG

About #2, please share more details on Message to Manager. If you would like to send an email to Manager with comments, please see the following flow for a reference.

2.PNG 

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

zimmsl
Level: Power Up

Hi Mabel -

Thank you for your help! I was able to figure out what I needed from your screen shot. The "Message to Manager" was something that I think came with the template I selected. I really just wanted to get to the "Response Comments" but didn't know what the field was called and couldn't figure out how to get to it. I saw it in your screen shot 🙂 So I initialized a variable called "Signoff Comments" and after every signoff, I grab the comments and add to that variable. Then I can include in the email that goes out so people can understand more about the assignment (why was this rejected? how did it get to me? etc). Below is a snippet of what I'm doing:

Thanks again for the help!!

Picture2.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @zimmsl,

Thanks for updating.

Congratulations! It seems that you are able to figure out the flow for your scenario.

If it works for you, please mark it as answer.

Best regards,

Mabel

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,364)